Sunday 14 August 2011

Hospital visit

Hello All!

Just to keep you all updated, yesterday I was admitted to the hospital for threatening pre-term labour. I was having contractions through the night, and came in early yesterday morning to triage. They moved me to the labour unit, and monitored me and the babies for about 4 hours. The contractions didn't stop, but became more stable and the babies were "happy and not seeming to mind," as one nurse put it.

The doctors decided that I was stable, and all my tests came back negative for labour, or the likelihood of going into labour over the next couple of weeks. However, they moved me to the high risk obstetrics unit for further monitoring and as a precaution. They also gave me some steroids for the babies lungs just in case they do come early.

So, as of right now, both babies and I are doing fine, but are still in the hospital. Scott has been great entertainment, but the food has not been so lovely. Take a look at the pics below!


2 comments: